The Perfect Berber Moroccan Rugs to Decorate Your Homes
It’s no secret that Moroccan Berber Rugs can beautifully change the entire feel of your home single-handedly. In continuing the same epitome, many genuine Moroccan rugs were made initially to fulfil basic needs, yet they become a public figure in no time.
Berber Moroccan rugs possess an amazing variety of materials, styles, patterns, and loops that are genuinely authentic in their own kind. They carry the love of the origin and the creativity from the heart of Atlas Mountain where tribes skillfully crafted the Berber Moroccan rugs for their personal home décor. With all the imperfections and intriguing variations of tribal collections, many Berber Moroccan rugs share several things in common – such as cultural roots and symbolic language.
A Sight Look Back To the Atlas Mountain
The divine cultural roots are spread geographically which is organized geologically by sub-tribes and tribes in the entire of Morocco. It all started when the Arabs came to Morocco in the 11th century, and at that time many Berber groups decided to move to the rural areas of the Atlas Mountains.
The type of rugs these tribal communities wove at that time were durable for life and were the most nomadic style. They were the most urbanized Arab community that wove oriental carpets that resembles Persian and Islamic touch in their designs. Using these fancy and complex weaving, Berber tribes wove Berber Moroccan rugs through scarce resources they had in their hand.
Now, these Berber Moroccan rugs influence the souks of the world with their great individuality and strong character which never meant to be placed at the open market.
Color Is All It Demands
Authentic Berber rural rugs have a specific weaving thread that runs through all within the designs with bold colors. Besides these colored thread, the original brown and cream color based Beni Ourain rugs, and the grey, brown, neutral white, cream Kilims and blankets and rugs are color dense.
To show the tribal customs and traditions of their tribes, women weavers chose their selective colors mindfully to create everyday life hand-woven textile. The blush, ochre, washed-out peach hues that are now commonly witnessed on the commercially produced rugs are a minimalist taste to sell the Berber Moroccan rugs in the famous souks of Africa. Plus, newly commercialized rugs and carpets are bleached and shredded to give them an authentic and vintage look.
Although the real vintage rugs were kept simple and imperfect they are now giving a new life with colors to match the entire aura of the space.
Beautiful Adjustable Berber Moroccan Rugs
Many time you got a space in your house that you want to decorate it perfectly with some minimalist and vintage look. And when this all ends up on putting up a carpet for the purpose, you see the available sizes either not similar to the required space, or you have to custom order it.
And that’s what is understandable. However, this also can be done easily at our EttiluxHome that you should not worry about – but many Berber rugs are woven long or square-shaped in particular according to the narrow Berber tents and homes. If we look at the vintage and very old Berber Moroccan rugs, they are relatively thin and are exceptionally contain longer sizes.
Normal square-shaped rugs woven by the Berber women are the ones that are used to adjust freely at any place such as to relax on with your pet, to sit when working, and also to save the valuable and expansive longer rugs.
Vintage Berber Moroccan rugs have signs in them that show how they were used in their homes. Many of them have the folded patches that display that they have picked up to fold in half for sitting. They also have patches and repairs where the broth or the hot coal might fall while cooking.
Some have drops of candle wax and the melted fat that are beautifully embedded in the knotted loops and that’s because some areas of the Berber Moroccan rugs are worn and faded more than the others. It might show that guests and family slept or sat on them. Thus, these rugs are born from the use of everyday life.
Berber Moroccan rugs are purely female-oriented. They cover many stories, traditions, and events in their weaving, symbols, and patterns. These Berber rugs were so personalized and fulfilled their family needs. This is because every rug that the EttiluxHome has telltale the domestic experiences of the female weaver and the past life events through specific symbols generated and passed through generations.
That can particularly mean that every original and authentic rugs the EttiluxHome collection has demonstrated an embedded meaning that many of us can’t de-code until we know the exact meaning of the symbol. Often freehand style weavings display the shadows of losing memory of a weaver and are woven in the freedom weaving style to show the true colors of creativity.
Symbols on The Berber Moroccan Rugs
Berber Moroccan rugs pine for many reasons, some of them are:
- These rugs are stuffed with theoretical effect
- The delicate and compact hand-spun woolen work
- The absence of symmetrical designs
- Extraordinary resilient symbols
- The creativity of weaver
- The consolidated themes and designs enhance the beauty of the rugs as well as demonstrate the Berber provincial lifestyle.
Berber weavers are likely to remain free in their designs and patterns to show the implications of the tradition and events on a life. Berber fraternities like to have freedom from the semi-roaming networks.
Symbols – Initially, the symbols describe endurance, sexuality, ripeness, and assurance and a characteristic world that can be displayed through symbols. For example, female weavers use symbolic images in their weaving such as capsule, X-shapes, and chevron.
Whereas a single jewel is most commonly used to protect from evil and the X-shape can be taken as a body with stretched out arms and legs.
Berber Tattoos – Tattoos have been playing a significant role in the history of Africa. Berber groups have been explicitly influenced by the emblematic themes for ages onto their bodies. These themes are widely based on plants, figures, and creatures. Although these themes have a diversified range of reasons for which Berbers ink them on their bodies, some say that these themes protect them from insidious spirits.
Custom Berber Moroccan rugs include checks, crisscrosses, stars, crosses, and triangles.
Let’s have a look at what these symbols mean in Berber Moroccan rugs
Significance of Symbols On A Berber Moroccan Rug
- 1 - Chevron is a symbol of an opened vulva
- 2 - The X-shaped refers to the spread out arms and legs of a lady that is waiting to be considered.
- 3 – Lozenge gives the idea of a motherly body or a female figure.
- 4, 2.5 – These themes represent to be deciphered or availability of a lady, any component between the legs may show birth.
- 6 – An X-shaped last structure is categorized as the flower theme with lobed lines due to the extended coverage to the dotted lines. These lines are called hamsa (camel track) and specifically found in the oriental rugs.
- 7 – A Solomon Star theme is referred to another femininity and richness to the gender. It also resembles the aforementioned themes likewise the centre dotted component refers to birth.
- 8 – An organized statue of triangles, can be viewed as the rise in the bosom. It also thought to be the breasted Artemis of Ephesus antiquated sculpture. It particularly indicates the flourishing completion of femininity.
- 9 – These images show the male images. They demonstrate that males and females have their own needs in every stage of life. The bars and lines, few equal and some straight, either curved or smooth, have teeth or snares, or an example of a fishbone, these represent the tangible and understandable insights.
- 10 – A harpoon, a brush may show the phallus of male masculinity. Plus, shapes such as stamps, bolts, hammers, stops, stake, or spears believe as a male presence.
- 11 – The snakes shows the specific job in the Berber rugs done by males. The phallic implications are derived through the Orient and the Mediterranean zone. The snake is considered to be the solitary creature in the Berber rugs. Different aspects of themes are taken from the snakes, for instance, wander, crisscross, scissor, and tablet. Another version of this snake theme is the women closeness.
Witnessing and admiring how these Berber Moroccan rugs have internationally gained the audience in decorating home moods and scenes. It is the authentic quality and the prominent colors that make the Berber Moroccan rugs different from any commercially woven rugs.
The unique designs and patterns are also the reason along with the extraordinary symbols that make them meaningful and open the world souk doors to the Berber Moroccan rugs. The rugs are full of creativity and colors that blend easily with any space of your home.
Check out our vintage and brand new collection of Berber Moroccan rugs and get your piece now!
|Type:||Colorful Azilal Rug|
|Production time:||Approximately 2-5 weeks (depending on size)|
RETURNING YOUR PURCHASE
We take pride in our Services. We deem our Services successful whenever we satisfy a client! You may return your items within 14 days of receiving them
Before returning your item(s), please make know and make sure that;
- The package is in its original condition.
- The time limit for the return is respected -- no more than 14 days.
- The return procedure obligates us to reprocess your return before refunding you for the purchased amount. We’ll make sure to try our best and shorten the refund period — which usually takes 10 days starting on the day you issued your return.
HOW TO RETURN YOUR PURCHASE
IF YOUR ORDER HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR RETURN/REFUND, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS WHEN SHIPPING US THE ITEM(S) BACK;
- Place the item(s) in its original shipping package — or another suitable, safe packaging.
- Complete the return form, and place your item(s) in a box.
- Attach the return label on the outside of the box — and make sure the box is securely sealed.
Any purchases must be returned from the original shipping country, must include the original returns form, and the item(s) must be unused and at their original condition — with all AZILALRUG.COM tags attached and undamaged, as well as instruction booklets and related accessories (if any).
Any items, that Azilalrug.com deems to be damaged, worn, altered, or soiled will not be accepted and will therefore be sent back to the customer.
RECEIVING A REFUND
Refunds will be credited to the original purchaser’s method of payment.
If you’ve been approved for a refund, we’ll credit the purchaser’s original method of payment. We will process your refund as soon as possible, and per our estimations, refunds will be made by your payment method provider within 7-10 working days*.
* Working days are Monday through Friday — excluding public holidays .
If the item which you are returning was purchased in a currency other than your local currency, any refund will be paid in the same currency as the purchase. Due to fluctuations in currency exchange rates, the amount refunded may be higher or lower than the original price paid.
Due to fluctuations in currency exchange rates, the amount refunded may be higher or lower than the originally paid price.
You are responsible for payment of the return shipping charges. Shipping fees may vary according to your location.
Returns remain at the customer’s responsibility until it arrives to our warehouses.
All items must be repackaged and returned in original packing material or equivalent packing materials.
We will not accept merchandise that has been damaged in shipping due to improper packaging
Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 10:30pm
Saturday, 8:30am - 10:30pm
Sunday, 8:30am - 10:30pm
Our rug came so quickly and is absolutely beautiful. We are so happy! :)
Wonderful rug, I’m so happy! And came quickly. Highly recommended .
Beautiful rug. Excellent quality. Arrived early. Great experience.
Lovely rug, good quality and and stylish
This is so beautiful and so soft. Really feel lucky to have it in our home.