Antique Moroccan Rugs
Showing 1 - 48 of 279 products
How to identify if the Antique Moroccan Rugs are really antique
Before you want to buy an Antique Moroccan Rug, how would you identify if they are really antique?
According to what top interior designers say, antique Moroccan rugs are incredibly simple and made to give your home a minimalist look. But if you cannot identify the difference between the real and the fake ones, they can get much hefty on your pockets.
It’s essential to know sometimes that what makes an antique Moroccan rug antique and what actually determines the price whether the rug is antique or vintage. Oftentimes, it gets confusing and even difficult if you are a newbie in rug town.
Look for the following specifications when you want to get an antique Moroccan rug.
What qualifies for Antique Moroccan Rugs?
The Antique Moroccan rugs reflect the Moroccan culture and each rug shows the specialty of the tribe. They probably have imperfections but there are some important things that you need to focus on while buying an Antique Moroccan rug.
What are they? Let’s find out.
- The antique one must have a smooth texture from the backside. The newer Moroccan Rugs have more of a sandy back dye to the non-usage of the rug. The friction of the surface makes the rug exteriorsmoothy and removes the fuzziness.
- Woven antique Moroccan rug OR Vintage Moroccan Rugs has been traveled all the way long so the wool becomessuppler as the time passes. The wool of the rug should not be straight.
- The color of the patterns and symbols which were made from natural dye should look faded. To see if it is real, fold all the rug away to see if the faded dye is the same all over the rug.
- Look out for natural wear and tear. The natural fading must appear through a gradual transition from the top till the foundation. If they are bleached to give them an antique look then there will be on and off darker colors in the designs and you will notice a contrast in colors.
- Antique Moroccan rug designs are infinite. It is almost impossible to get two rugs the same. If you find a variety of carpets with the same design with different colors, then you should verify theme.
- The material that is used in the making of the antique Moroccan rugs is 100% sheep wool. The rugs which are not really antique or even Moroccan would have used some other material in the making of those Affordable Moroccan Rugs such as cotton or nylon.
- Sometimes, people feel that having an antique means a particular design or something that was found in the Traditional Moroccan Rugs. But that’s not exactly the case. Antique Moroccan rugs are antique due to the time they have passed after their production. It is not the design or the color of the rug.
You have certainly got an idea about what to check when you are buying an Antique Moroccan Rug or other Types of Moroccan Rugs. Follow these tips and you will not be fooled.